Seniors, Are You Ready?
Order Your Cap and Gown / Cap and Gown Distribution
Submit Your Senior Picture & Grad Ads - (Due January 12, 2024)
- All images must be submitted digitally and should be at least 300 dpi (digital)
- File format type JPEG (Please NOTE: You CANNOT save as Power Point, Word, Works)
- Taking prints of the portrait and then scanning is not encouraged. The quality is usually poor. Ask your photographer to submit the electronic image directly.
We would love to see your memories of your senior year!
You can start submitting your senior's portraits on September 18th, 2023. The final deadline to submit is January 12, 2024. Visit www.newpragueyearbook.com to submit.
No props allowed (athletic equipment,
No Snapchat filters
Senior portraits must be school appropriate
The DEADLINE for submitting senior pictures and grad ads is Friday, January 12th. Meeting this deadline is crucial if you want to be included in our senior section, as we have deadlines we need to meet to get our yearbook to the printer. The grad ads (baby picture ads) in the yearbooks will be $25.00. The DEADLINE for senior pictures and graduation ads is January 12, 2024.
For MORE DETAILS, please explore the New Prague Yearbook website for ordering/submitting your senior picture and grad ads.
Senior Portrait Specifications
Grad Ad Information
If you would like to gift your senior with a baby ad,you must both submit and purchase the ad for $25.00. We accept ad content and payment through online submission only.
For the best pricing, don't forget to order a yearbook by March 3, 2024!
Senior Stroll at Elementary Schools -- DATE TBD (Tuesday, May 21 at 10:00 AM)?
Our seniors will be returning to their elementary school, including Holy Cross and St. Wenceslaus, that they attended and walk the halls one last time. The goal of this event is to provide a moment of reflection for our seniors, while also inspiring elementary students to see where they will be one day. Seniors may visit their former elementary school on the morning of Tuesday, May 21st at 10:00 AM. Graduates should wear graduation attire in their caps & gowns to visit the elementary students. Attendance for the stroll is not mandatory.
- Students who attended Falcon Ridge can walk from NPHS to Falcon Ridge.
- Bus for Raven Stream will depart at 9:45 AM
- Bus for St. Wenceslaus will depart at 9:50 AM
- Bus for Eagle View will depart at 9:30 AM
- Bus for Holy Cross will depart at 9:30 AM
- Eagle View - Meet outside the main entrance at 10:00 AM - Principal Dittberner will meet you there.
- Falcon Ridge - Meet outside the main entrance at 10:000 AM. Principal Giesen will meet you there. Park at the high school or CLC and walk over.
- Raven Stream - Meet outside the main entrance at 10:00 AM - Principal Engebretson will meet you there.
- Holy Cross - Principal Grogan will be waiting with the staff to welcome the former Holy Cross Students outside the school in Webster at 9:55 AM.
- St. Wenceslaus - Principal Doyle will meet them at the door to welcome you at 10:00 AM
Graduation Fee (Due May 17, 2024)
Graduation Practice - Friday - May 24, 2024
Graduation Ceremony Details
New Prague High School Commencement Ceremony - Class of 2024
Friday, May 24 | 7:00 p.m. | New Prague Trojan Stadium
- In order to enter Trojan Stadium for graduation, all spectators must have a ticket.
- Please scroll down to review the ticketing process.
- Gates will open to spectators no earlier than 6:00 pm.
Commencement Ceremony Rain Dates
- In case of inclement weather on May 27th - the ceremony will be moved to Saturday, May 25th at 2:00 pm
- In the event, the first rain date is not a viable option, the second date is Sunday, May 26th at 2:00 pm
- Notification of changes in plans due to weather will be shared with graduates and parents via text.
Commencement Ceremony Ticketing Process
- Tickets will allow seating inside the stadium (home bleachers, visitor bleachers, plaza, etc.).
- Seating in the bleachers will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Handicap seating will be available for a limited number of spaces. Sign up below to request if needed.
- Each student is guaranteed 4 tickets.
- Tickets will be handed out to students only during the day on Wednesday, May, 18.
- All requests must be submitted no later than Friday, May 13 as per smore newsletter previously sent out to parents/students. View the Smore website if you need the form or to read the newsletter.
- Please ensure only one family member per graduate completes the form.
Trojan Stadium Opening Time
- Gates at Trojan Stadium will open at 6:00 pm. Seating in the bleachers is first-come-first-serve except for those with accommodated seating. The ceremony is scheduled to begin at 7:00 pm
- Spectators may park in the high school parking lot.
- If you have a family member who is unable to make the walk, there is a drop-off/pick up area designated directly in front of Trojan Stadium.
- Please do not park in the Falcon Ridge parking lot as that is reserved for graduate parking.
FAQs About the Ceremony From Graduates
Q. Does your gown fit properly?
A. Make sure to try on your gown before graduation day! Your gown should fit mid-calf for length and will probably be a little roomy. They are sized according to your height and weight. If sizing seems wrong, please contact the high school office to see if there is a replacement available.
Q. Do I need to dress up for the ceremony?
A. Even though you will be wearing a graduation gown, please wear formal attire to the ceremony. This means no shorts, tennis shoes, jeans, or flip-flops.
Q. Can we decorate our caps?
A. This is a very formal graduation ceremony. For that reason, we do not decorate caps. This helps maintain the formal pomp and circumstance that this community has come to expect.
Q. What is required attire for graduation?
A. Your graduation attire consists of the gown, cap, tassel, silver stole (all seniors minus NHS), red stole (NHS members), Honor Cord (Honor Students), Honor Cord (German NHS), and Medallion (High Honor Students). Don't forget to wear all of your items! Suggestion: You may want to use a safety pin or double-sided tape to hold the stole down to prevent it from blowing around or off if it is windy.
Q. Can I wear heels?
A. Because graduates process along a very long area of both turf and track, we ask that they do not wear heels, particularly to protect the tax-payer investment of the track. Wedges or block heels are acceptable.
Q. Can I wear a tassel or a cord of a different color to represent what I am doing in the future?
A. We are excited about your future plans and recognize those accomplishments during a variety of events at the end of the year. This particular event marks completion from New Prague Area Schools and for that reason, graduates may only wear school-issued graduation regalia. This helps maintain the formal pomp and circumstance that this community has come to expect from the ceremony.
Q. How will I know where to stand, sit and receive my diploma?
All of this will be thoroughly explained at practice so that you feel confident when it is time to graduate. Attendance at practice is mandatory unless there is prior communication with the front office regarding extenuating circumstances.
Q. When do I get my actual diploma?
A. During the ceremony all graduates will receive an empty diploma cover. You will receive your official diploma immediately following the ceremony once the staff has verified that all fees and obligations have been met.
Senior Send Off
Senior Send-Off 2024
DETAILS - MORE DETAILS TO COME
- Date: TBD
- Location: Next Chapter Event Center - 16945 320th St, New Prague, MN 56071
- Time: 12PM - 4PM
- TBD: Cost: $100 per student (Venmo @NewPrague-Seniors, check payable to “Senior Send-Off,” or cash - includes food, beverage, games, tshirt, entertainment, and prizes.)
2023 - Senior Send-Off Registration
Senior Send-Off, a tradition at New Prague High School, is a celebration that provides a safe, alcohol/chemical-free, and FUN opportunity for the Class of 2023 to gather together. Seniors will be provided games, entertainment, food, and prizes. See below to get your son/daughter registered today.TBD: Register by: FRIDAY, APRIL 29 if your son/daughter would like a t-shirt. Any registrations after April 29 won’t include a t-shirt, but will still be the same price.
To contact the Senior Send Off Committee, please send an email to: [email protected]
Committee chairs are full, but the more the merrier, we will find a spot to use your skills and talents to help make this a wonderful experience for our seniors.
Commencement Livestream Link